To see how to add badges to a Wiki page, see Help:Badges
Badges are small graphics awarded to users that compete in competitions or help out the site in some way. However, they originally had a much different purpose.
Back during the EZBoard (or vBulletin) era, badges were conceived. They were originally just jokes created by Kritter, for a bit of humour on the boards, and nobody actually took them to heart; they were the Whiner, Complainer, Mr. Serious, Flamer, Stupidity and Annoyance badges. Once this caught on, other users decided to make their own badges for various things, for example being a Soveryhappy fan, or Draco's Ass of MFGG badge, to the point where users had whole armadas of badges to give out, people had dozens in their sigs at a time, and most of which weren't really useful at all.
After a while, users started creating more useful badges, such as winners of the Sprite Competitions. Some time later, when MFGG transferred to an Invision board, Klobber and Retriever II decided to make badges that promote these positive things, and have them be in the user's profiles. Badges were created using graphics from Paper Mario and awarded for many things.
- Happy Heart (suspension-free and active poster for 2 months)
- Super Happy Heart (suspension-free and active poster for 1 year)
- Ultra Happy Heart (suspension-free and active poster for ~5 years)
- Big Help (assisting the website or forums in a large way)
- Super Reviewer (gives many well-written reviews on the main site)
- Super Submitter (same as Super Reviewer, but for site submissions)
- Admin Badge (used to label Admins)
- File:Mod.png Moderator Badge (used to label Moderators)
- Host/Server Admin Badge (used to label site hosts and Server Admins, currently only Retriever II)
- Site Staff Badge (used to label site staff)
- Badgemeister Badge (used to label a Badge Mod)
- Operation Clam Participant (used to label the dev team of Operation CLAM (MFGG 2.0))
- MFGG Awards Winner (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008)
- Skull Badge (obsolete) (previously used to label banned users but was eventually replaced with the Reporter Badge. The reason for its appearance in the new boards' files is unknown.)
- Reporter Badge (no name) (used to label those that properly use the Report Post function) Originally only held by Klobber, then by Retriever II, and now a newbie named Kleer has it.
- KFC Badge (joke badge, almost unattainable.) (A few people in the CCC asked for the badge. Which they ended up receiving the Badge. However, they only got to keep the badge for a few minutes. The infamous bot Atlas33 has also had this as a joke.)
- Mistake badge (joke badge) DJ Yoshiman got this for closing the CCC. The reason for its appearance among the new boards' files is unknown, but it's speculated that the staff is ready to punish people among their peers who make mistakes...
- Secret Santa Badge (Handed out to people who participate in MFGGcret Santa.)
- Forum Event Badge (Awarded to the winners of a CCC forum event)
- Sprite Competition Badges -- First Place, Runner-Up (Second Place), and Top Five. Awarded after completion of sprite competitions.
- Drawing Competition Badges -- First Place, Runner-Up (Second Place), and Top Five. Awarded after completion of drawing competitions.
- Minigame Competition Badges -- First Place, Runner-Up (Second Place), and Top Five. Awarded after completion of Mini-game competitions.
- Music Competition Badges -- First Place, Runner-Up (Second Place), and Top Five. Awarded after completion of Music Competitions.
In the latest board, a system was implemented where the numbering of the competition badges was generated by independent graphics laid over the badge's graphic, to indicate how many badges the user has won (example: "x4"). The result looks like this example: File:Scrx4.jpg
- PPP Moderator Badge (used to label a Pointless Post Palace Mod, later used for a Casual Conversation Castle Mod, now defunct for lack of both boards. It is unknown if this badge format is being considered for refurbishing.)