From Mario Fan Games Galaxy Wiki
Summary of Findings
- 97 people responded to the survey.
- There was only one joke response (someone who claimed to be a Chinese-speaking woman from the Central African Republic who was also the Prince of Bel-Air).
- Slightly over half of MFGGers are from the United States, with Australia, Britain, and Canada being the next-most common nationalities.
- 71% of respondents are native English speakers.
- The average MFGGer is 19 years old, and 81% of users are between the ages of 12 and 22.
- Only one legitimate respondent seems to be female, and the proportion of female members has actually declined over the past 5-10 years.
- 96% of MFGGers use Microsoft Windows, with Windows 7 being the most popular version of Windows.
- The average MFGGer first discovered the site in 2008, and 74% of users found MFGG between 2006 and 2012.
- Over half of MFGGers check the site several times per day.
- Most MFGGers are active in both making and playing games
- About two-thirds of respondents have a forum account, and 82% have an account on the main site.
- Psycho Waluigi is the most popular fangame on MFGG, followed by smbmaster99's Super Mario Bros. Odyssey.
- Super Mario World is MFGG's favorite official Mario game.
- People were most likely to fill out the survey between the hours of 6 P.M. and 10 P.M.
- The most active members in the community were a year older than MFGG as a whole.
- Most users find the site through Google searches for fangames or Mario sprites.
- Upgrading the main site interface and improving the Quality Control were the most common suggestions for improvement.