- I hope you're planning on putting some worthwhile info on all those pages you made =P -Black Squirrel 16:35, 13 December 2008 (EST)
- I will in the near future.User: VinnyVideo
- Melon Soda really should have stayed as JetSetRamazuki. It would have been better to just create a redirect under the title of "Melon Soda" to the JetSet article. In this particular instance, the user is more widely known as "JetSet" or "JSR", and not as "Melon Soda".
- In general it's just better to go for a redirect for a new name anyway, even if the situation isn't the same as this. --Kyoriwww 18:21, 26 September 2010 (UTC)
- It's a good idea to actually remove the one swear word in the page rather than revert the entire edit, especially when said edit is something important like suggesting a completely useless article be deleted - an act that would also remove the swears present in the article. -Fibriel 01:52, 3 January 2011 (UTC)
- Placing ~~~~ in your edit will sign it with your account name and the date of editing. Placing a - before it is advised -Fibriel 01:56, 3 January 2011 (UTC)
I had noticed that MechaBowser had edited that page, removing most of the information and saying that you 'approved' it. However, I have to argue against this. Nearly all other pages of MFGG members, including ex-members, still have their information, even when someone tries to edit a permabanned member's page as their first edit. Plus, his status as an ex-MFGG forum member does NOT mean his data is no longer needed. (Also, he removed a few important bits of his Infobox, including his old membership and his other names. This information is still needed on the wiki for legacy reasons.) Ah2190 16:23, 31 January 2012 (EST)
- I'll discuss this with Vinny. For now, leave the article alone. The data can always be recovered from past edits if you were in the right. - Puddin (T|C)
Mecha should've kept the list of old usernames, but otherwise little of importance was lost. I guess you could keep a sentence or two about him being a controversial moderator if you wanted, but for historical purposes, most (if not all) of the other stuff was cross-referenced on other pages anyway. -VinnyVideo 22:04, 31 January 2012 (EST)
- Well, thanks for clearing the air with that. I've readded the old usernames and the sentence about him being a controversial moderator, plus I changed the memberbox to use the member template rather than the MFGGer template. Also, I've no idea why the forum ID should be kept when he's no longer got a forum account. Ah2190 05:13, 1 February 2012 (EST)
- The forum ID number links to the first phpBB forum account from before The Split. This number is needed for the MFGGer template to automatically generate the user's badges. On the other hand, I'm not sure whether the old phpBB boards even exist any more, and we need a new way to link badges from the new phpBB boards. -VinnyVideo 08:08, 1 February 2012 (EST)
A message from ToBeFree
"Feel free to ask me any MediaWiki question about spammers & plugins etc"