|Announce Date||May 2015|
|Release Date||July 28, 2018|
|Medium||Game Maker 8|
MFGG Emblem is a strategy RPG with gameplay based on the GBA-era Fire Emblem games. However, the characters and settings are inspired by MFGG events and fangames. The engine includes most of the core features of the actual Fire Emblem games and also includes some "nice to have" features such as Fog of War.
Vinny programmed the engine from the ground up. The engine remains a work in progress and has some bugs and poorly-optimized code, but Vinny would be happy to share the source with anyone interested in making their own Fire Emblem fangame in Game Maker.
List of Chapters
- Chapter 1: False Fitness (a spam attack featuring Atlas33, a famous MFGG spambot)
- Chapter 2: Sun on Strike (based on the Late Night Mario series, with a map inspired by the canned Late Night Luigi)
- Chapter 3: Littlelund Forever (based on the Littlelund forum event)
- Chapter 4: Stop Bugging Me (based on lumaSMS development)
- Chapter 5: The Other Side (based on Super Mario Bros. Dimensions - added in 2020 demo)
Cast of Characters (playable in first demo)
- Cruise Elroy
- Friendly Dictator
- Vitiman (as Dudim from Super Charisma Bros.)
The original engine was found to have some bugs - one bug allowed playable characters to move an infinite number of times if the status screen was opened at a certain time. Another bug allowed playable characters to move to certain squares outside their movement range. Vinny hopes to release a future update with a rollup of bugfixes and possibly new chapters.