Lucina & Little Mac Go to Dreamland
|Lucina & Little Mac Go to Dreamland|
|Announce Date||March 17, 2015|
|Release Date||March 31, 2016|
|Input||Keyboard and Mouse|
|Medium||Game Maker 8.0|
Lucina & Little Mac Go to Dreamland is a joke game made by VinnyVideo for the 2016 April Fools' Day prank. In this game, the titular Smash Bros. characters team up to defeat Mike Tyson in a latter-day version of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. There is also a substantial Kirby segment. Eyeballs and tattoos are the two motifs that unite these characters from disparate franchises.
On March 12, 2015, Xandalf posted a question on the MFGG forums asking whether the staff would be likely to accept a Super Smash Bros. crossover game on the MFGG mainsite. VinnyVideo replied and stated that the staff would probably accept a Smash Bros.-theme game as long as it had something to do with the Mario universe. Vinny used "Lucina & Little Mac Go to Dreamland" as a hypothetical example of a Smash Bros. game that would likely get declined.
After a bit of encouragement from Fireball3k, Vinny decided to make an actual joke game called Lucina & Little Mac Go to Dreamland. Vinny planned to release it in time for April Fools' Day 2015 and intended for it to trumpet the global debut of Tusk Bucks. Unfortunately, a number of real-life events conspired to slow down development, including a trio of class team projects, a new job, and a trip to Nebraska. Vinny decided to revive the project in 2016, releasing it in time for the 2016 iteration of April Fools' Day.
- The font used on the title screen was originally designed for tattoo artists, which is fitting considering the theme of the game. Vinny used this same font for the logo of his 2014 Organizational Behavior team project, which may or may not be alluded to in his upcoming Career Fantasy RPG project.
- Lucina & Little Mac Go to Dreamland includes a fake Smash Bros.-styled Character Select screen. It includes the full 2016 Smash Bros. roster (including recent additions such as Corrin and Bayonetta) as well as Donald Trump, Vanessa Stepside, and Groose.
- Mike Tyson's abilities have declined considerably compared to his prime, which explains why he takes only one full punch to KO.
- No MFGGer has found a way to unlock the Pro Version of the game, which allegedly features high-definition graphics and CD-quality audio.
- There may or may not be Easter eggs hidden inside this game.